Closed-door Congress, co-hosted with Hellenic Petroleum, took place in Thessaloniki earlier this week. The event was supported by both Greek and international media with reporters taking exclusive comments and interview from top-managers.
The keynote speakers of the Congress covered both the business and technical sides of the two developing regions: the Mediterranean and West African offshore. Among honorable speakers were:
- Dr Abdelarahim Mohamed – Board Director for Exploration & Production of National Oil Corporation of Libya
- Yannis Bassias – President & CEO of Hellenic Hydrocarbon Resources Management
- Kees Jongepier – VP Exploration of Aker Energy AS
- Chijioke Akwukwuma – CEO of Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (ODENL)
- Dr. Jörg Köhli – Senior Expert – Head of Upstream Oil and Gas of European Commission
- Christophe Souillart – BD Director Africa, Mediterranean and Southern Europe of Subsea 7
- Henry Okolie-Aboh – Founder & CEO of Westfield Energy Resources Limited
The first day started with the presentations highlighting new challenges, opportunities and strategies across Mediterranean region while the second day’s plenary session was devoted to the overview of the West African offshore region and its current performance.
During two days major players of the upstream industry, representing E&P companies, EPC contractors, drilling contractors, service providers & equipment manufacturers, shared their experience and views on the current situation in regions, and presented solutions, cases and technologies to overcome these challenges.
Not only did the delegates take part in the discussions, but also found new business contacts and started the discussion for further cooperation.
More about the Congress: https://bit.ly/2kR7ERN